Neurac is an abbreviation of Neuromuscular Activation and consists of therapeutic exercises in Redcord slings. The aim of the Neurac method is to restore pain-free movement patterns and improve function. Neurac treatment challenges the interplay between muscles and focuses on what is causing the problem – not only on the symptoms.
This video from the Neurac Institute and Redcord USA in Princeton explains more about Neurac treatment.
- Individual examination that reviews past medical history and tests functional ability, and Neurac testing to identify muscle imbalances and weak links
- Individually adjusted therapeutic exercises and treatment based on findings in the examination to correct weak links
- Clinical experience shows that pain reduction and improved function can be achieved after only one treatment session
- Creation of a tailored exercise program with corrective exercises to maintain the treatment effect
- Follow-up treatments and supervised exercise to give optimal results and long-term effects
- Frequent re-assessments to ensure that the treatment will have good carryover effects on daily life activities
Do you want to learn the Neurac method? Here is the Neurac course program.
Studies show that pain and/or inactivity can disturb signals sent to the muscles from the brain. This disturbance can lead to impaired muscle interaction causing some muscles to be overloaded and painful. The method includes testing procedures, called Neurac testing, to identify dysfunctions and muscular imbalances. Neurac Testing is a systematic examination of the body to identify weaknesses in the muscle chains. If a weakness is identified it is called a weak link. Neurac treatment focuses on correcting the weak links, thereby reducing the strain on the overloaded muscles. Immediate pain relief and/or improved function can often be achieved.
Neurac consists of specially tailored exercises and techniques in Redcord ropes and slings, aiming to restore functional and pain-free movement patterns through a high level of neuromuscular stimulation. Redcord Workstation Professional is the only way to perform Neurac treatment. To enhance treatment outcomes, vibration can be applied with the patented Redcord Stimula. Many patients experience additional pain relief when the vibration stimulus is applied.
Neurac treatment aims to be pain-free and without negative side effects. The treatment requires motivation and concentration from the patient. The exercises can be both hard and challenging but should always be performed with control and with good movement quality. Individual exercise for maintenance is recommended to obtain long-term treatment effects.
Neurac treatment is indicated for musculoskeletal ailments such as:
- Low back pain and pelvic girdle pain
- Neck pain and neck pain with headache
- Shoulder / arm dysfunction (e.g. impingement and tennis elbow)
- Leg dysfunction (e.g. patellofemoral pain syndrome)
Redcord offers a special course program for therapists, doctors and health professionals. You can view the course program here.
Read more about the connection between suspension exercise and pain treatment here in Redcord Medical Active Sport